Today someone showed me a strange problem - he had servers that recently installed new updates from his WSUS server, but he couldn't find them in the WSUS console by their name.
Obviously the servers have been renamed and didn't have time to report to the WSUS server, but he wanted to find the client entry in WSUS nevertheless.
I wrote him a small script that finds the client's SusClientId (which is a self-generated guid that is used to identify the client in the WSUS server), searches for that entry in the WSUS server and retrives the name (so you can go back to messing with the WSUS console).
One interesting thing to note about this script - all of the WSUS server connection data is compacted into a uri. I find it much easier than to specify a server name, port number and whether to use https. Also, it's built around Windows Server 2012's module, so it won't work "as is" on Windows Server 2008R2.

param(
    [uri]$wsusUri = 'https://WSUS-Server:443',
    $ComputerName = 'OtherServer'
)
$wsus = Get-WsusServer $wsusUri.Host -PortNumber $wsusUri.Port -UseSsl:($wsusUri.Scheme -eq 'https')
$baseKey = [Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey]::OpenRemoteBaseKey('LocalMachine',$ComputerName);
$key = $baseKey.OpenSubKey('SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate');
$id = $key.GetValue('SusClientId')
$wsus.GetComputerTarget($id).FullDomainName